Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Liebster Award! (Twice!)

Thanks Mr. R over at My Messy Art Room and Michele at Olive ART! Do You??? for the Liebster Award!

I have to do the following things:
1.  Link back to the blog that nominated me 
2.  Answer the question posted my the nominator. 
3.  Share 11 random fact about me. 
4.  Create 11 questions for my nominees. 
5. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
6.  Contact my nominees and letting them know I nominated them.

11 Random Facts...
1.  I'm a huge dog person...
2.  My favorite color is blue.
3.  My current Facebook game addiction is Candy Crush.
4.  I worked in a grocery store when I was 15 until I was 21.
5.  I LOVE potatoes! Mashed, fries, baked...
6.  I majored in Studio Art and Art History for my undergrad.
7.  One of my favorite shows to watch is "Once Upon a Time"
8.  I have a movie collection of over 300 movies.
9.  I live 5 hours away from my family and where I grew up.
10. My grandparents came to the U.S. from Germany.  I took 3 years of German in high school
11. I was 1st French Horn in my high school Wind Ensemble (I played since 4th grade).

Questions posted by my nominator #1: 
1.  If you could be something other than a teacher what would it be?  I've been told that I'd be good at going into businesses and "whipping them into shape"!  If I wasn't a teacher, I'd probably be a dog sitter!
2.  Favorite movie quotes of all time?
3.  Favorite childhood toy that would wish you still had today?  Hmmm...I don't know if I had a favorite toy, but my favorite video that I wish I still had for when my baby is a young child was my "Amazing Adventures" video.  It was a video with short clips about a magician, an aquarium and four other cool things...I think I watched it once every day growing up!
4.  If you could own any piece of art who would it be by and what would it be and why?  Oh wow, that's a tough one.  I'd love to own a piece of artwork by an artist from the impressionism style...that's my favorite! 
5.  Coke or Pepsi?  Definitely Coca-Cola...apparently I've never shared a photograph of my kitchen or guest bathroom!  I've been a Coke collector since I was a teenager!
6.  Yeast-based or cake donuts?  As long as it is Bavarian cream with chocolate frosting...I think I've only ever had cake donuts!
7.  If you could have any superpowers what would it be and why?  The ability to move really fast so I could accomplish more in a day!
8.  Favorite Pixar movie?  Gosh, I really like the Toy Story movies and Finding Nemo...
9.  Night Owl or Early Riser?  It depends...I can be both.  Once I get into a routine, I can be an early riser, until I start staying up late to watch TV...then I hit the sleep button!
10. If it was your last day on earth before going to colonize Mars what would you want to do?  Assuming the earth was still in one piece and "usable", I'd want to hang out outside with dogs and husband!

Questions posted by nominator #2:
1.  What would you do with more free time?  Get myself motivated to make my own art, just for me!
2.  Appetizer or Dessert?  Appetizer...I never have room for dessert!
3.  What is something you have been good at since you were little?  Singing and drawing!
4.  What is something you always keep with you?  Hate to say it but my iPhone...gotta have my games!
5.  What is your favorite App?  Lately, I've been using Candy Crush because it's my biggest game addiction right now, but also the What to Expect When You're Expecting app!
6.  If you could own any famous art work for your home what would it be?  Would love a VanGogh or Monet...
7.  Something you swore you would never do or vow to never do as a parent?  I vow to not dress my kids in matching outfits with each other!
8.  In what reality TV show would you like to be a star?  Glee!
9.  What candy bar is it most difficult to pass up at the checkout line?  Twix
10. Next time you are free to get crafty, what do you want to make?   I need to start my scrapbook for my on-the-way baby!
11. Why did you decide to start a blog?  I decided to start a blog because I had been inspired by so many other blogs.  I was also on my Network Team two years ago at the start-up of all this APPR stuff, and I really felt like I had a good grasp on it.  When I attended regional art meetings, none of the other art teachers seemed quite as well versed as I was (much less other districts compared to my district), so I wanted to have a place to share what I had/am learning with regards to APPR and the Common Core, and how it can connect to art.

Questions for my nominees:
1.  What's your favorite animal?
2.  What's your favorite type of music to listen to?
3.  What's your favorite color?
4.  What are you most afraid of?
5.  If you taught a different subject besides art, what would it be if you could choose?
6.  What's your favorite TV show?
7.  Favorite movie?
8.  What is the last book you read, or are currently reading?
9.  What is your favorite art project that you can remember doing when you were in elementary/high school?
10.  What kind of vehicle do you drive?
11.  What is your favorite kind of art to do yourself?

And now for the nominees!

Elizabeth at Dream Painters
Rachel at ARTipelago

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for including me .... I love your blog and have been following you since forever, so I feel very honoured!!
    :)Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete