Thursday, August 9, 2012

Craftsmanship Rubric

I know I may seem like an over-achiever (which I know I annoyingly can be sometimes!) but I figured I would post for a second time today since I probably won't have time to do any posts this weekend.  My brother is coming to visit!

Anyways, I achieved quite a few things since this morning (this is what happens when you don't make any big plans over the summer, you become a workaholic!).  First, I finally finished my Artist of the Week display items...I added the handles to the paint cans!
I rolled up silver paper to make the handles.


And I created a craftsmanship rubric to hang in my room.  I'm sure we've all seen these floating around Pinterest, such as the one here at Elementary Art Moments Blog.  I altered mine a little bit to suit my kids.  All I need to do now is write up the comments that go for each grade.  All of my rubrics are rated 0-4 in accordance with Marzano.







And, last but not least, I finished my last power point and unit packet for 6th grade!  Finally!  Here are a few snippets from my Native American packet...

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog through a post on There's a Dragon in My Art Room. Phyl recommended your site( gotta love Phyl!) Like your visual rubrics! I just recently posted about visual rubrics I made for my art room also. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your visuals are awesome! I've started following your blog as well!

      Delete
  2. Hi! I just found your blog through Pinterest. Do you grade using the 0-4 scale? I love the idea of the visual grading rubrics and feel the need to implement them in my 6-8 grade classroom. Suggestions?! Thanks! Love the Native American notes too... can I be your student??

    ReplyDelete